**This contest has ended**
The winner was chosen via the awesome random.org, and the winner is Travis Washburn!
Congratulations, Travis. I’ve sent an email to you at the given email address. Please note that if no response is received within 7 days, another winner will be chosen.
Thanks to the generous folks at Mariner Software, I have one full license to give away for MacGourmet Deluxe 3 (a $49.95 value)! Please note that this is a Mac-only application and will not run on a PC running Windows, Linux, or anything other than MacOS 10.5 or higher.
A while back, I wrote a post called, The Ultimate Kitchen Gifts List where I listed some of my favorite kitchen items, or items that I thought would make for a great gift for the foodie in your life.
Deep within the bowels of that list I mentioned MacGourmet Deluxe, a recipe management system for the Mac developed by Mariner software. In one word, this software is AWESOME!
A few years ago, on a chilly November evening, I had just invented a ham marinade that that creates super juicy and mouthwatering ham. Wanting to remember my recipe and experiment with it later, I scribbled it out on a scrap piece of paper and placed it in my recipe box. Or so I thought.
A few days later I was ready to continue the ham experiments. The first place I turned was my recipe box. I sifted through the recipes, sure I’d placed it in there. Then I checked my recipe binder. Then I flipped through the pages of all my cookbooks. Nothing. It was lost, and I still haven’t found it. It’s either sitting deep within the recesses of my recipe cabinet, long gone in the trash, or eaten by one of my kids. But it was then that I realized I needed something better and found MacGourmet Deluxe.
So if you’re like me and your recipe box/shelf/drawer/whatever is a living nightmare, this giveaway is for you. Or maybe you’re super organized and your recipe shelf is as immaculate as it gets. This is still for you. Just imagine all of your favorite recipes just a click away. Imagine not having any more “now which book was it in?” moments, and imagine all of your wildest dreams coming true—well, maybe not that (but pretty close).
With MacGourmet deluxe you can…
- Easily organize your recipes by category, tags, ratings, and more.
- Add nutritional information and calculate calories.
- Create your own cookbook.
- Add helpful information to your recipe such as notes, step-by-step images, tools, times, difficulty, etc.
- If you drink wine, you can organize your wines
- Create shopping lists and menus
- Import recipes from the internet and other popular recipe software programs
- And much more!
How to Enter
MacGourmet Deluxe 3 is a Mac software application and requires MacOS 10.5 or higher. It will not run on a PC running Windows or Linux or anything else.
There are three different ways to enter this contest (or do all three to get 3 entries):
- Leave a comment below answering the following question, “What is your favorite meal?”
- “Like” The Cooking Dish on Facebook (click the “Like” button below or click the link to go TCD’s facebook page)
- Send in a picture of your recipe box/cabinet/drawer/whatever in its current state (use the form below).
The winner will be chosen at random two weeks from now and will be notified on this blog and via email.
Send in your picture here
*Contest has ended.*