Once again the Winter holidays are right around the corner, and my kitchen begs for some holiday food and cheer. I swear last winter just ended. With one blink I’ve aged an entire year, and my belt is one notch tighter. Too bad there’s no reversal for that whole age thing.
As the temperature drops and my kids start to bundle up in their cute little coats, I find myself drawn to the kitchen more than usual. It could be that I enjoy the warmth of the oven, or that the chilly months are filled to the brim with nostalgia. Only now do I fully understand and appreciate the time my mom spent in her kitchen canning cider, baking pies, frosting cookies, and heating chocolate for our frosted and red kid noses. I think I will have succeeded if my kids can remember their childhood the way I remember mine.
Each year I like to compile and distribute a gifts list for people who spend a decent amount of time in their kitchens. This is only the second time I’ve decided to distribute it via my site. Sometimes it’s crazy enormous, and other times it’s a small list of about 10 items or so that I mail out or hand deliver. This year’s list size is somewhere in the middle.
This list has taken me many hours to research and complete, and every item has been hand-picked. If you find it even slightly helpful in your shopping adventures, I would be honored if you shared it with your family and friends. It’s my wish to make your shopping as easy and enjoyable as possible.
As required by law, and common decency, please know that any Amazon links are affiliates that may result in me receiving monetary compensation. I have not been given any items on this list for free, nor have I been asked to include them by any manufacturer. Any purchases made through these links directly fund my efforts in recipe development, site maintenance, and giveaways. Thank you!
Table of Contents
There’s a reason that a knife stays with the cook and not the kitchen: a high-quality knife is a chef’s best friend. When you treat a knife properly, it can easily outlast the original owner and pass down through a generation, maybe two.
Most home cooks don’t need a $400-per-knife solution (though if you’re lucky enough to have that as an option, go for it!), so they jump for whatever knife block set looks and feels nice at Target or Wal-Mart for $60 to $100. These will dull quickly and most of the knives won’t even be put to good use. Instead, opt for 1-3 knives guaranteed to last. There’s a night-and-day quality difference, and they’re worth every penny.
Thousands of people love and use the following chef’s knives every day, including myself. They’re priced right, and are a great introduction to the world of professional cutlery. The links are for the 8″ sizes, but different sizes are available once there.
1. Miyabi Kaizen 8″ Chef Knife
Made in Japan the Miyabi Kaizen line uses VG-10 super steel at its core with a Damascus steel exterior. They’re a 60 Rockwell hardness. In other words, when used & maintained properly, this knife will keep its edge for long time. The blade’s heel extends slightly beyond the bolster. This could be either a pro or con, depending on how you pinch the blade.
- TRADITIONAL DESIGN - Authentic thin Japanese blade profile with 65-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge. 8"" chef style blade
- HAND-HONED - Using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge. VG10 super steel CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 60
- MIYABI KAIZEN SERIES - Japanese for "improvement" or "change for the better." This next generation combines the greatest hardening technology with traditional craftsmanship
2. Shun 8″ Classic Chef Knife
The Japanese make fantastic knives, Shun is no exception. The Classic line provides an excellent gateway to those looking to refine their craft without breaking the bank. Made with VG-10 super steel with a Damascus steel exterior, they’ll keep their edge for a long while. With a 16° blade it will cleanly slice through any food you throw at it. (Throwing food is not recommended, though it is better than throwing your knife.)
Shun makes some of my favorite knives, and as a bonus the handles are beautiful and comfortable to hold.
- JAPANESE CHEF'S KNIFE: The Shun 8-inch Classic Chef's knife is the perfect all-purpose kitchen knife. It's ideal for preparing fruit, vegetables, meat and more.
- WIDE, CURVED BLADE: This Japanese kitchen knife has a wide blade that keeps knuckles off the cutting board with a curved belly that can be "rocked" through herbs and spices for a very fine mince.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with Shun's proprietary VG-MAX cutting core and clad in 68 layers of stainless Damascus, this chef knife is corrosion and stain resistant with a strong, razor-sharp edge.
3. Wusthof 8″ Classic (or Ikon) Chef Knife
Wusthof is perhaps one of the most well-known, leading brands in cutlery. made in Germany, they have a few different lines. The Classic line is among their most popular in the kitchen. Made with high-carbon stainless steel, the edge will last for a long time. The classic line features a bolster that runs all the way to the heel. Some people love this, some don’t. If you don’t, try out the Ikon line (my preferred line of the two) which is only slightly more expensive. For me the handles are a bit more comfortable, and I don’t feel like the bolster is in my way.
For the record, I’ve actually used both knives and have a 6″ Classic that I use regularly. You can’t go wrong with either.
|WÜSTHOF Classic 8 Inch Chef’s Knife,Black,8-Inch||$170.00||Buy on Amazon|
|WÜSTHOF Classic IKON 8" Chef's Knife||$200.00||Buy on Amazon|
A chef should buy their knives individually. Instead of choosing a low quality knife block set from “Whatever Store, Inc.”, opt instead for fewer, higher quality knives that will last a lifetime. Every chef should have one or two pairing knives.
Paring knives do what chef’s knives do not: work wonders on small items and in small spaces. Without a paring knife, your kitchen is incomplete and your chef’s knife is lonely. Individually they’re strong; together they can tackle anything.
I love each one of the pairing knives below, pairing each their partner Chef’s knife above.
4. Miyabi Kaizen 3-1/2″ Paring Knife
Like its chef’s knife counterpart, Miyabi makes the Kaizen paring knife from VG-10 super steel. It’s a lightweight, heavy-duty knife that maintains its edge for a long time. It fits comfortably in your hand while making quick work of its tasks.
- VG10 super steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
5. Shun 4″ Classic paring knife
From spine to heel, this knife is a tad taller than you might expect. With its sharp blade, it can easily cut through any food you bring to the table. It’s perfect for your smaller, more intricate tasks and fits comfortably in your hand. When you need to choke up on the blade for precision work, this knife excels.
- PARING KNIFE: Add an essential kitchen tool to your collection with the Shun 3.5-inch Classic Paring Knife. Peel and core fruits and vegetables with ease.
- SMALL, NIMBLE KITCHEN KNIFE: This small knife gives you complete control over the tip and edge of the blade – making it perfect for peeling, trimming, coring, decorating and other detail work.
- HIGH-QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: Constructed with Shun's proprietary VG-MAX cutting core and clad in 68 layers of stainless Damascus, this chef knife is corrosion and stain resistant with a strong, razor-sharp edge.
6. Wusthof 3-1/2″ Classic (or Ikon) Paring Knife
These knives are some of my go-to in the kitchen. Made with the same skill and precision as their larger chef’s knife counterparts, these paring knives feel great in the hand while delivering a consistent experience. When deciding between the two, it’s more about visual preference than performance.
Keep your new knives happy with a trusty cutting board sidekick to back them up. A proper cutting board will maximize your knife’s life and make food work a breeze.
The following cutting boards are ones that I’ve either personally used or come with super-high ratings. I didn’t include any plastic or bendable boards for two reasons: 1) plastic is easy to wash, but wood boards are better at bacteria control; 2) thin, bendy cutting boards will dull your knives like nobody’s business.
7. Epicurean Cutting Board
Epicurean has been around since 2003 working with skateboards. In the past few years, they’ve made a splash into the cutting board market. I’ve used a few of their boards, and the non-slip series are among the best they offer.
Their boards are harder than the standard maple boards you’re used to, but they still do a decent job of not dulling your chef’s knives as badly as you might think. With proper technique you’re still good to go.
Most Epicurean boards come with a slight odor left over from their treatment process, but that goes aways shortly after a few washes. Not only are these boards easy to clean, they’re also eco-friendly, being made of compressed paper. They claim to be dishwasher safe, and I can attest after dozens of dishwasher washes, mine is still in top-top shape. I own a significant number of these boards and use them in my cooking classes.
8. John Boos Maple Cutting Board
Professionals the world over swear by the Boos board (not the Boo Box). It’s a professionally made, sturdy cutting board. More accurately, it’s a large, heavy-set cutting block that can take a beating. With proper TLC, it will last a *really* long time.
- John Boos Block RA03 Maple Wood Edge Grain Reversible Cutting Board measures 24 inches long, 18 inches wide and 2.25 inches thick
- Made in the USA: Each John Boos Butcher Block and Cutting Board is proudly made in Effingham, Illinois by skilled craftspeople using time honored techniques since 1887
- Butcher block is made from sustainably sourced, hand-selected Northern Hard Rock Maple Wood- widely recognized as one of finest, most durable food preparation surfaces in the world
9. Virginia Boys Kitchens Black Walnut Board
The Epicurean board is light, the Boos board is heavy, and this one is somewhere in the middle. Made from sturdy walnut and outlined with a drip groove, it’s a board that will last. At only 1″ thick, it doesn’t raise your cutting height to an unfamiliar level, and the color looks beautiful in any kitchen.
- MADE IN VIRGINIA, USA - 100% sustainable walnut wood grown in America
- PRESEASONED THE RIGHT WAY: Each board is pre-seasoned with a proprietary blend of pure fractionated coconut oil, giving you a cutting surface free of any unnatural ingredients so you can use right after you receive it!
- KNIFE-FRIENDLY SURFACE: The porous, soft straight grains of walnut wood make it an cutting surface that won’t dull your knives.
Now that you have a nice knife or two and an equally awesome cutting board, you’ll want to take care of them. The following items will help you give the required attention and care to the tools that feed you.
10. John Boos Food-Safe Wood Oil
Food-safe wood oil is often overlooked in the home kitchen. If you want your cutting boards and other wooden tools to last long into your golden years, it’s essential to treat them well. As their surfaces dry out, apply a thin coating of oil to keep them in top shape.
- One 16 ounce/473mL of John Boos Mystery Oil, ideal for maintaining and preserving wood food preparation surfaces including: cutting boards, butcher blocks, countertops and utensils
- Proudly Made in the USA from all natural materials
- Once a month, John Boos Mystery Oil to your cutting board or butcher block and allow it to soak in overnight. Repeat the process more often when your board is new, or if you live in a dry/arid climate
11. Magnetic Knife Strip
I searched for months for the the perfect knife strip, and I believe I found it in wood. While the strip itself is a little more on the pricey side, in my book it’s worth every penny. Each strip is handmade and adds elegance to your kitchen. The magnets are not exposed so it won’t scratch your knife blades, and you can order it in different woods. Nearly everyone who comes to my house comments on how beautiful it is.
- EXTRA STRENGTH NEODYMIUM MAGNETS – We bring you a *NEW, UPGRADED* 16" walnut wood knife bar, now including *HEAVY-DUTY MAGNETS* which will never lose their magnetic force. This update provides you with a high quality magnetic knife holder that holds your knife set securely and in easy reach. Our chosen magnet has an even magnetic force across the bar allowing you to safely use almost the entire 16” length. The magnetic grip is very powerful, yet it only takes a gentle tug to release any knife.
- SECURE ANY TYPE OF KNIVES - This magnetic knife strip is designed specifically to hold *ANY SET OF KNIVES* firmly, without slipping or shifting - not even a hint of a wobble! Our magnetic bar is calibrated to securely hold knives of many weights with ease. We are happy to provide worry free, safe storage for Chef's knives, Butcher knives, Cleavers, Bread knives, Carving knives and ANY other Kitchen knife you may have - from the largest, heaviest of your knives to the smallest and skinniest ones.
- SIMPLE & ELEGANT MODERN DESIGN – Our HMmagnets 16’’ magnetic knife holder is made from real high quality walnut hardwood and designed with a sleek, elegant appearance. The flat, space-saving magnetic bar has a modern design that fits into *ANY KITCHEN STYLE*. The bar is designed to “float” on your wall, hiding the magnets & mounting screws. The design of our bar and the *SIMPLE, CLEAN INSTALATION* allows your knife and stainless steel appliance storage to become a part of your kitchen décor!
12. Shun Honing Steel
Honing steels keep your knives sharper longer by straightening the little barbs along the edge that happen over time with use. This honing steel is my favorite because it comes with a built-in angle finder for my shun knives.
- SHUN HONING STEEL: Keep your knife collection in perfect condition with the Shun 9-inch Classic Combination Honing Steel.
- PROFESSIONAL KNIFE SHARPENING: All knives naturally develop tiny bends through normal use. This honing tool corrects those bends – ensuring the sharpest part of your knife makes contact with the food.
- COMBINATION HONING ROD: This stainless steel knife sharpener features a smooth side for weekly honing and a micro-ribbed side for monthly honing.
13. Smith’s Tri-Stone Sharpening System
There’s a difference between honing and sharpening. Honing straightens the barbs on a knife’s blade, and sharpening grinds a new edge. You can take your knives into a kitchen store to sharpen them (~$5.00 base price + $1-$3 per inch of blade), or be a superstar and do it yourself. This tri-stone sharpener comes with a beginner’s guide and three different stones: course (400), medium (600), and fine (1000+). In no time, you’ll be a knife sharpening master. The Arkansas stones need oil to keep the stone from clogging, so don’t forget to pick some of that up too.
Ingredients are at the heart of every recipe you create and prepare. A cup of this, a dash of that, and a gallon of… butter? WTF? (You know the kind.) Either way, be ready for any situation with liquid and dry measurements, thermometers, and scales.
I’ve personally used each of the items listed below and can vouch that they’re fantastic tools to have around.
14. Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
I’m a bit anal when it comes to my measuring spoons, and these are my favorite. You can get them in the regular sizes or the odd-sizes for those recipes that ask for them.
The end of these spoons curve, keeping the spoon upright when set on the counter. The measurements are permanently etched on the handles, so they’ll never rub off. They’re high-quality and won’t easily bend, scratch, or rust. They’re my go-to.
15. Eat Smart Precision Elite Scale
In the United States, we’ve learned to cook using volume measurements instead of mass. Cooking this way can drastically change how a recipe turns out. For example, depending on who’s measuring, 1 cup of flour could weigh anywhere between 4 to 6 ounces. That’s a big difference and could adversely affect your dough.
Transform your cooking and fundamental understanding of the way food works with a kitchen scale. Eat Smart builds some my favorite ones. They don’t look as fancy as some of the flatter, glass-surfaced scales, but you can use large bowls and plates on them and still see the number. With just as good functionality, these are a win.
- EAT SMART: At Eat Smart, we want to give you the tools and confidence to meet the challenge head-on. Founded in 2005, Eat Smart is devoted to designing, developing, and manufacturing innovative health care products to meet the needs of our customers.
- LIVE SMARTER: This precision kitchen scale is easy to use and perfect for meal prepping and portion control. Combining healthy foods with a balanced routine leads to a wellness routine you can maintain.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: This scale is perfect for precision weighing, featuring 0.05 oz and 1 g increments. Weigh accurately up to 15lbs. A kitchen scale makes it easy to measure and portion out food according to serving sizes.
16. Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
Have you ever looked for quality measuring cups? They’re a real beast to find. I’ve personally gone through at least 4 sets. For some reason it seems that nobody out there makes them well.
That’s where the this stainless steel set comes into play. Where many cups fail, these fit the bill. You’ll have plenty of options to choose from as far as measuring goes, and the measurements, being engraved, won’t rub off like they do on plastic sets.
- ENGRAVED MEASURING MARKINGS – Every cup in this set
has the accurate measurements size in US and Metric
engraved on the handle clearly, what will help you reduce
any measuring errors for cooking or baking!
- SET OF 9 MEASURING CUPS - 1 CUP - 240ML
3/4 CUP - 180ML,2/3CUP - 160ML,1/2 CUP - 120ML
1/3 CUP - 80ML,1/4 CUP - 60ML,1/8 CUP - 30ML
1/16 CUP - 15ML, 1 RING
- USE WITH EASY: The measuring cup set belongs in every person’s
kitchen regardless of culinary skill. De-burred edges ensure
you don’t get scratched if you’re hand-washing them .
17. Liquid Measurer
I will never buy any other liquid measuring cups other than these two. Period. Although the glass measurers are a bit heavier than others on the market, their superior quality is well worth it. Pyrex liquid measurers have accurate measurement markings and hold both hot or cold liquids. Hands down, these are the best. The OXO Good Grips measurers are extremely versatile, and while not as easy to handle as the Pyrex ones in all situations, they’ll continue to surprise you with how many times you reach for htem.
I keep multiple sizes in my kitchen, but use the 2-cup measurers the most.
18. ThermoWorks Thermometer
Three years ago I purchased two different thermometers from ThermoWorks. I gulped as I finalized my order. Would the price be worth it for… for a thermometer? Turns out that yeah, it’s worth it. Completely.
Using the Thermapen thermometer in my kitchen has transformed my cooking. Instead of sitting there for what seems like an eternity waiting for other thermometers to figure out the temperature, this one gets in and gets the job done quickly and with pinpoint accuracy.
It’s easy to use and clean. Trust me on this one. You’ll love it.
If ThermoWorks is a little out of budget, here’s one that still does a great job, but is less costly.
- Super-fast: Instant reading thermometer with backlight features 3.9 inches food grade stainless steel probe gets temp readout within 3-5 seconds with high precision sensor
- Accurate readout: Cooking thermometer with temp range of -58 ~ 572 degree Fahrenheit (-50 ~ 300 degree Celsius); accurate to ±0.9 degree Fahrenheit; Perfect for indoor outdoor cooking, grilling, BBQ and so on
- Easy to use: Kitchen thermometer with foldable probe design folds away easily and locks into base for portability; Magnetic back and hook allows for convenient storage
Pots & Pans
19. Enameled Dutch Oven
Enameled dutch ovens are a delight to cook with. Not only can you get them in beautiful colors, you also don’t have to season them! A 6 quart dutch oven is perfect for baking, roasting, braising, marinating, and creating soups and stews. It’s truly a versatile pot that you will use over and over.
I’m a fan of two different brands: Lodge & Le Creuset. The Lodge brand is much less expensive than Le Creuset, but if you’ve got some spare change, it wouldn’t be hard to fall in love with the Le Creuset. Lodge is well-known and trusted in the United States, and Le Creuset is well-known and trusted in Europe and among many chefs. I can’t help but feel though, that in this case you are paying a bit extra for the French brand name.
P.S. You can also accessories with a stainless steel knob.
Take care of this pot, and it will outlast you and your kitchen.
20. Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
If you haven’t cooked with a cast iron skillet, you’re missing out; there’s nothing like it. Chef’s love using cast iron skillets for their fast and even heat distribution. It’s perfect for searing meats, baking breads, threatening people, blackening fish, and more! It’s perhaps one of the most useful pans you can have around.
Here’s a fun fact: Did you know that when Lewis and Clark journeyed through the North American continent, the only items for which they never bartered or traded were their cast iron pots and pans?
Cast iron rusts easily, but with proper seasoning and care, you can avoid it. If your skillet does rust, you can restore it to full use. It’s one of those pans that your children’s children’s children will be arguing over who inherits it.
Another fun fact: I salvaged an old rusted 10″ cast-iron pan from my Great Grandma’s basement. After nursing it back to health, I continue to use it today.
21. Mauviel 5-Ply Stainless Steel Frying Pan
I love Mauviel brand pans. I first purchased this particular one two years ago, and I’ve used it twice a day since then. Being 5-ply it takes a little longer to heat up, but the heat distribution is even, and you don’t have any problems with the pan wobbling because it’s off-balance.
This pan deglazes nicely, transfers from the stove top to the oven with ease, and cleans up quickly. These pans are also much more comfortable to hold and work with than their main competitor, All-Clad. The All-Clad pans have a deeply concave handle that cuts into the palm of your hand. These Mauviel pans don’t do that.
Clean these after each use, and it will last you a really long time.
- MADE IN FRANCE SINCE 1830. Mauviel is the leading cookware manufacturer for professional and household chefs throughout the world.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE 2.6 mm thickness; 5 Ply Construction. M’Cook offers superior heat conductivity and controlled even heat distribution.
- HANDLES STAY COOL. Cast stainless steel handles stay cool during use. Pouring rims on every shape. Dishwasher Safe.
This particular wok is one of best ones out there for the price. It’s thick enough that you won’t have the same heating issues that you get with the thinner generic woks you find in Wal-Mart, etc. The flat bottom fits on any type of stove top and the larger size will be beneficial when cooking larger portions!
- CARBON STEEL- Is lightweight and heats up extremely fast, therefore it’s the perfect choice and the most common used material for woks today’s days. Works great for all wok recipes!
- WORKS ON ANY COOKTOP- flat bottom creates a stable surface for safe cooking and works with all electric stoves, gas and induction cooktops. Carbon steel combines the benefit of stainless steel and cast iron without the downsides of them.
- USER GUIDE INCLUDED- with exact instructions on how to season and maintain the wok you will easily be able to get started and use properly our wok.
I’ve discovered that having the right tool at the right time can make or break your cooking experience. When I have friends over who enjoy cooking, it’s fun to pull out a nifty tool and say, “check out how awesome this baby is!”
When you cook, if you feel like you’re working against your food, then perhaps what you need is a different tool or an upgrade. Throw away the old tool that’s cracked and falling apart, and invest in something that lasts. Make cooking enjoyable again. Having the right tools makes everything better. (I prefer tools that have multiple uses so that I don’t waste space with a one-trick pony.)
23. J.K. Adams Maple French Rolling Pin
This is my favorite rolling pin! It’s one solid piece of maple cut along the grain without handles, and the ends taper at just the right angle for rotating.
Over time as you use this pin, oils and flour will blend with the wood helping it develop non-stick properties. It’s never truly non-stick, but it gets better with time and care. When you’re done using it, instead of washing it off with soap and water, simply take a slightly damp paper towel or kitchen cloth and wipe it down. Use a scraper to remove any stuck or troublesome dough pieces. It’ll last for years.
- Tapered ends
- Made in the USA
24. Stainless Steel Scraper/Chopper
These stainless steel scrapers are a life saver. The measurements make for quick dough separation, and the stiffness make it awesome for scraping off your countertop. There’s not a baking day that goes by where this fine tool isn’t by my side. If Batman were a chef, this would be on his utility belt.
- A great kitchen tool with a wide variety of uses! Designed to scrape and split bread dough, it can also be used for scraping, crushing, chopping and measuring!
- With its integral rounded handle and straight-sided rectangular blade, this scraper is the ideal tool to chop and divide cookie dough and pastry dough for rolls and loaves. Also ideal for cinnamon rolls, jelly rolls, brownies, rice crispy treats, dessert bars and more!
- Measuring guide on the blade allows you to easily measure and cut pasta and pastry dough.
25. Jamie Oliver Mortar & Pestle
Confession time: I don’t own a mortar and pestle, but if I did, this would be the one. (Update: I do now, and this is the one!) Both the mortar and pestle are cut from a thick, single granite block. I like that the pestle is longer, making it more comfortable to use. This set is solid and is just the right size for making sauces and grinding your herbs and spices.
- Granite mortar and pestle allows for quickly crushing spices, herbs and more
- Constructed with thick walls and base to form a generous 2 cup capacity
- Unpolished mortar interior-exterior and pestle for effective grinding
26. Microplane Zester & Grater:
There’s a reason you always see professional chefs using these. They’re amazing. They come in different shapes, colors, and grating sizes. These longer, skinnier Microplanes are easier to use and navigate around smaller fruits and nuts. Start with this one and expand from there.
- ZEST CITRUS: The blade is designed with a specific tooth set that takes the flavorful rind directly off the citrus fruit, while leaving behind the bitter white pith. Zest adds flavor to vinaigrettes, stir fries, salads, and baked goods! Change your life, with a little zest!
- SO MANY USES: grate ginger and garlic into a minced pastes to flavor many popular foods. Create ground spices from whole hard cinnamon or nutmeg. Use to shave a cork down to fit back into a bottle - even scrape off burnt or dark spots from cookies, scones, and toast. The possibilities are endless.
- ULTRA SHARP MADE IN THE USA BLADES: Microplate uses photo-etched technology to make ultra sharp grating blades right here in America! Made of surgical grade stainless steel this material stays rust-free and maintains sharpness over time. True stainless steel is magnetic, so this item can be hung on your magnetic knife strip. Non-scratch end tabs help protect counter tops.
27. Chef’s Inspirations Mandoline Slicer
Concerned about safety? Use Cut Resistant Gloves.
Before mandolins became a common household item, you’d have to pay an arm and a leg for a decent one. (They’re beyond sharp, so if you’re not careful you still might!) These days you can buy one for a third the price and still have outstanding results. No matter how many vegetables you’re preparing this will save you time.
One of the more popular, sturdy, and functional mandoline slicers on the market is this one made by OXO Good Grips.
- Sharp, V-shaped blade of hardened stainless steel easily slices both firm vegetables like potatoes and soft fruits like tomatoes with four easily adjustable slice thickness settings: 1.5mm, 3mm, 4.5mm and 6mm
- Straight and wavy blades for straight or crinkle cuts, and julienne blades for French Fries or fine julienne strips
- Food holder securely holds food and protects fingers, and textured runway keeps food from sticking
28. di Oro Living Silicone Spatula Set
I have two main complaints when it comes to spatulas: cleaning and bacteria growth. Any spatula that comes in two parts is susceptible to it. Over time, grime and mildew build up in the spatula’s head, causing it to mold or collect icky bits of slime. Pulling them apart to clean and dry them every time is also a pain.
Enter the di Oro spatulas. The head on each spatula has excellent curvature and give. Because they’re a single piece, you don’t have to worry about all that cruddy build up! Win!
- ONLY THE BEST – Each piece in the DI ORO 3-Piece Seamless Silicone Spatula Set is made with BPA Free and LFGB Certified Silicone. Built to withstand the heat, each spatula is heat-resistant up to 600°F, which means you will never melt your favorite spatula.
- CLEANS EASY, SEAMLESS ONE-PIECE DESIGN – You will be happy to know that your Award-Winning DI ORO Seamless Series Spatulas are dishwasher safe or can be quickly and effortlessly cleaned by hand. The one-piece seamless silicone design prevents buildup of food and grime, which allows for safe and healthy cooking.
- VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE – Each spatula is designed with enough flexibility to conform to bowls if scraping, strong enough to handle the toughest batters if mixing, and creatively shaped to easily handle a multitude of tasks in your kitchen. The ergonomically designed and velvety smooth handle will fit like a glove in the palm of your hand.
29. Super Tofu Press
The Super Tofu Press is one of my few exceptions to the ‘one-trick pony’ rule. I used to stack cutting boards and paper towels together when I wanted to squeeze tofu. Not anymore. This gadget has saved me hours of time and frustration.
If you and tofu are tight, or if you wanna’ be tight, this is the tool for you.
- Original Made in the USA - Our product is made in the USA. We have sold this model on Amazon since 2011. You are looking at the ORIGINAL Tofu Press with solid plastic places, and not a copy made in China that will crack under pressure and let water leak inside its hollow plastic places.
- Easy to Use and Clean - This Tofu Food Press is designed to make your life easier. The top pair of springs applies an even pressure of up to 50 pounds per square inch, depending on the spring tension that you have adjusted by turning the knobs. By applying even pressure, the Tofu's square shape can be retained and the block will not fall apart.
- No More Paper Towels and Heavy Objects - Gone are the times of pressing Tofu blocks by using paper towels and weights. The Super Tofu Presser makes the process easier, less messy and more effective. Simply place it in the sink or in a container and let the press do the work for you.
30. Cheese Slicer
I’m in love with these cheese slicers. They’re great for your standard grocery market block cheeses and for the gourmet artisan cheeses that pair so well with crackers, breads, and wines.
I’m willing to bet that this will become your go-to for slicing cheese. In a pinch, they also make fantastic vegetable rounds! (I’m not sure if that voids any warranty… shh!)
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL: suitable for grating semi-hard and hard cheese, citrus fruits, carrots and other hard vegetables
- LIGHTWEIGHT: the handle of this cheese slicer is hollow
- DISHWASHER SAFE: the cheese slicer will stay sharp even after repeatedly being washed in the dishwasher.
Books & Classes
If you’re reading through this list, either you or someone you know loves to cook. And of course that means you’re always interested in improving your game. The following books and classes are some of my all-time favorites.
31. Thug Kitchen
Thug Kitchen… what can I say? It’s a cook book full of fantastic healthy recipes and crass humor. The recipes are easy to follow and taste delicious. If you’re easily offended by four-letter words, this one probably isn’t for you; if you’re not, pick it up—you’ll enjoy reading and cooking from its pages.
As an added testimony, my kids have loved every recipe that I’ve cooked out of this book.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
- Hardcover Book
- Thug Kitchen (Author)
32. The Bread Baker’s Apprentice
Peter Reinhart is a bread god. His passion and enthusiasm for baking seep out of every page while reading this book. The Bread Baker’s Apprentice is packed with advice and techniques guaranteed to make you a better baker.
Each recipe is carefully constructed and includes step-by-step instructions on how to bake artisan bread in your home oven. If you love the smell of fresh bread in your home, or are considering an all-carb diet, buy this book.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- Reinhart, Peter (Author)
Perhaps no other cookbook has transformed the way I view cooking as much as this one. (Read my review.) As you work your way through this book, you’ll learn how to manipulate ingredients in relation to each other.
If you’re ready to take your cooking to the next level and really geek out, start with Ratio. By the end you’ll be that much closer to mastering The Matrix.
- Scribner Book Company
- Ruhlman, Michael (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
34. Ruhlman’s Twenty
This book is another game changer. Ruhlman takes twenty cooking techniques and guides you through them with pictures and recipes. It will have you looking at food differently, more maturely, and with respect and appreciation.
Learning the fundamentals and advanced techniques in this book will up your cooking game big time.
35. Craftsy Courses
I love Craftsy classes. I discovered their website one day when I googled, “learn to draw people.” Little did I know that I had found one of the best online course sites on everything from sewing and drawing to photography, cooking, and cakes.
That day I ended up purchasing not only a drawing class, but some baking and cooking ones as well. Each course is masterfully edited and thought out to teach you professional skills and recipes. I’ve never regretted buying from Craftsy.
36. Food Photography Course
This list item doesn’t fit everyone reading this list, but I’ve decided to include it because it’s been beneficial to me. I also know that some of you want to improve your food photography. This series will guide you through various techniques and principles directly related to capturing the perfect food shot.
- Hardcover Book
- Lubas, Beata (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Coffee & Tea
Every morning during the colder months, I wake up bleary-eyed and stumble into the kitchen to make myself a warm cup of loose-leaf tea, usually green. My wife usually goes for coffee. Either way, I delight in this morning ritual. It’s a calming and pleasant way to wake up and start the day.
Each product below is well-known for its excellence. If you’re looking to up your coffee game or settle into a soothing cup of tea, these products will help you do just that.
37. Hario Gooseneck Kettle
A gooseneck kettle helps you evenly distribute water on your coffee grounds, creating a more even blossom. This one is a simple design that does exactly what you want it to: boil water and evenly pour it. We use this at our house and love it.
Gooseneck kettles are ideal for the recommended pour-over coffee products below.
The Chemex has been around for a long time and continues to have a faithful following to this day. (Does anybody remember seeing it on Monica Geller’s countertop in Friends?)
We use our 6-cup capacity (5 oz. cups) Chemex every day, and it continues to work like a charm. The filters help create a smooth cup of coffee, and it cleans up easily.
The AeroPress makes one of the best cups of coffee I’ve ever had. One reason why it’s so delicious is because all the grounds interact with the same temperature of water for the same amount of time from start to finish.
Unlike the Chemex, the AeroPress isn’t suited for making a lot of coffee at once, but rather specializes in small batches. If artisan, small-batch coffee is your thing, this is for you.
- Popular with coffee enthusiasts worldwide, the patented AeroPress Original is a new kind of coffee press that uses a rapid, total immersion brewing process to make smooth, delicious, full flavored coffee without bitterness and with low acidity.
- Good-bye French Press! The rapid brewing AeroPress Original avoids the bitterness and high acidity created by the long steep time required by the French press. Plus, the AeroPress paper Micro-filter eliminates grit and means clean up takes seconds.
- Versatile: Easily makes 1 to 3 cups of American coffee per pressing in about a minute. Unlike a French press, it can also make cold brew (in just two minutes!) or espresso style coffee for use in lattes, cappuccinos and other espresso based drinks.
40. Whole Bean Coffee Burr Grinder
This are both grinders we use in my home; they’re both superb, although in my opinion, the Capresse one has the edge. Not all grinders are created equal, nor do they grind equally. The purpose of an electric conical burr grinder is to make sure that the beans are all ground to the same size. This provides an even brew whilst maximizing a bean’s flavor.
Another upside of having a nice grinder is that your coffee stays fresher longer. After a bean is ground, it only lasts up to two weeks instead of a few months when left whole. This will likely pay for itself in time.
41. Tea Maker
I use this tea maker every morning. It’s quick and simple and the larger opening makes it easy to pour a pot of boiling water into it. The clear plastic lets you watch the tea leaves blossom and react to the water around it.
When your tea finishes steeping, place the tea maker on top of your mug or cup and it drains in seconds. So easy.
- ⭐ [Easy to use Teapot & Perfect Tea Maker] Easy to use bottom dispensing teapot and loose leaf tea infuser . Its the best tea infuser for loose tea because of its ease of use and that makes it an easy tea brewer and tea steeper. its great for brewing loose leaf tea like sleepytime tea, green tea, black tea, etc. Also use with blooming tea. Watch your Teabloom in the pot like you would in a glass teapot, but much easier to clean and more durable!
- ⭐ [Easiest to clean bottom dispensing teapot] Compared to other loose leaf tea infuser designs like teavana perfect tea maker and adagio ingenuitea tea pot, This has a wide mouth top , and easy to remove tea infuser and filter/ strainer for cleaning. No other loose leaf tea infuser from Teavana or Adagio teas has this feature. You can use this with flowering tea balls & blooming tea as well.
- ⭐ [Larger Capacity] 17.7 fl. oz. capacity You can brew less tea if you like in this tea steeper - brewer and use it as a dispenser by placing it on your cup. You add in your tea ball or loose tea, and once its steeped place Aberdeen the lose leaf tea infuser on your tea cup to pour from the bottom. The stainless steel tea strainer will filter your tea. Its easy to remove and washable unlike other designs.
42. Yeti MagSlider Tumbler
This is my favorite tumbler! I’ve recommended it to my close friends, and now they too can vouch that it’s pretty awesome. On a normal day, I steep my tea at 6:30 a.m., and sometimes I don’t finish it until lunch around 1:00 p.m. This tumbler keeps it warm the entire time. I’ve never had a tumbler as good as this.
It works great for any hot or cold drink!
- The Rambler 20 oz. is made from durable stainless steel with double-wall vacuum insulation to protect your hot or cold beverage at all costs
- These Ramblers come standard with the YETI MagSlider Lid, the only drink lid that uses the power of magnets to keep your water, beer, or favorite drink on lock
- While the MagSlider Lid adds a barrier of protection for keeping drinks contained and preventing heat or cold from escaping, Please Note – The MagSlider Lid is not leakproof and will not prevent spills
Stove & Countertop
I have only a little counter space, so every piece of equipment occupying territory is special. I would rather have an open counter where I can stretch and work uninhibited than have small, abandoned appliances and bowls take up space.
I use each one of the following tools multiple times each week, and it’s difficult to image cooking without them. (The blender is an exception; I’m waiting for my $30 crappo one to officially give up the ghost.)
43. Whirley-Pop Stove top Popcorn Maker
My wife and I are popcorn addicts, and we’ve cycled through half a dozen popcorn makers. Each of them fell short of expectations, and I was beginning to lose hope. That’s when the Whirley-Pop entered through our front door and into our lives. Since then, neither our lives or our popcorn have ever been the same.
As you use the Whirley-Pop, it will develop a wonderfully complex flavor profile, imbuing your popcorn with celestial powers. It’s okay to scrub the outside as needed, but unless you want Samson to lose his powers, never clean the inside with anything more than a slightly damp paper towel wipe.
- PERFECT POPCORN IN 3 MINUTES: The Original Silver Whirley Pop Stovepop Popcorn Popper takes the guesswork out of creating delicious, perfectly cooked popcorn. This popcorn popper makes up to 6 quarts of flawless popcorn in just 3 minutes, plus it’s backed by a 25-year warranty.
- NO BURNT POPCORN: The patented stirring system in this stovetop popcorn popper prevents burning so you always have perfectly cooked popcorn. It works by moving every kernel until it pops – up to 42 times its original size!
- EASY CLEAN UP: Once you’re done popping your popcorn, you don’t have to worry about a big cleanup! This silver, sturdy aluminum popcorn popper comes with a stay-cool wooden handle and a nylon stirring system – just wipe with a paper towel and store for later use.
44. Stainless Steel Steamer Basket
This is a rather simple device, masquerading as a UFO. Don’t be fooled though, it doesn’t actually shoot lasers (but it could if it wanted to). It does, however, steam vegetables like a boss. The petal-like design allows it to fit in different pot sizes while still remaining effective.
You can steam more than just vegetables. Items such as fish, eggs, dumplings, shrimp, and little aliens are also popular. If you’re not using a steaming basket, give it a shot. You’ll love it.
45. Blendtec Designer Series Blender
There will forever be a debate raging as to which blender is best: Blendtec or Vitamix. After much research and review reading between the two, I decided that I lean more toward the Blendtec (though I doubt you’d be disappointed in either). It’s counter profile is smaller and it has enough guts to power a jet engine.
Super-powered blenders like these are transformational: forget not being able to make thick shakes and smoothies. This has you covered.
46. Kitchen Aid Professional Stand Mixer
My loyalties used to lie with Bosch, that is until they starting making some of their previously metal interior parts out of plastic. I found that they no longer worked as long or as hard, and despite my attempts at sending it back for repair, it continued to break. (I still cry tears of sadness.)
With a heavy and guilty conscience weighed down by betrayal, I found myself buying a Kitchen Aid. Turns out I love it, and my guilty feelings have vanished! It takes up less space on my counter and I can still rely on it to do everything I need when it comes to baking. For you color happy people out there, you can order it in all sorts of nifty colors coupled with awesome accessories.
- 10 different attachments
- 6-quart stainless steel bowl with comfortable handle
- Bowl-lift design
47. Breville Immersion Blender
For weeks I researched immersion blenders before buying this one. There are some pretty good options out there. I decided on this one primarily because of its accessories and longer spout, plus it’s a brand that has a good reputation.
I’ve now been using it for over two years and haven’t looked back. I love, love, love it. It’s quick and is a breeze to clean. I don’t pay attention to the 15 speeds at the top, instead relying on the relative speed needed for what I’m blending. This works perfectly for soups, sauces, and more.
- Bell shaped base, revolutionary shape plus internal ribbing reduces the suction for greater control and efficient blending
- Ergonomic pistol-like control grip with trigger operation
- 8" immersion depth for large quantities or tall pots
Yay! Baking and bread! There’s almost no better comforting and nostalgic aroma than that of freshly baked bread. It’s the one food that despite my best intentions, I can’t stop eating.
So while we are all coming to terms with and accepting our addiction, we might as well take a look at some of the best baking tools I’ve found. I use each of these at home, so I guess you could say that they’ve risen to the challenge and have been proven worthy.
48. NerdChef .25″ Thick Pizza Steel
You’ve heard of pizza stones and pizza tiles. Did you know though, that there’s a new contender in town? Though cooking on steel isn’t necessarily a new technique, it hasn’t been widely used in the home kitchen until now.
I first purchased a .25″ steel about three years ago and after using it only once, I said goodbye to my (pizza) stones. When I’m not baking on it, I keep it on the bottom rack to regulate my oven’s temperature.
49. Nordic Ware Baking Half Sheet
These baking sheets are the bomb. They’re heavy-duty and can take a beating. They don’t warp or rust, and the edges make a nice boundary for your dough as it bakes. The half sheet is the perfect size for your home oven.
My mom has used these baking sheets for as long as I can remember. I’ve been using my own set for 12 years, and they’re still as good as new. These are the baking sheets to end all baking sheets.
- Proudly made in the USA by Nordic Ware
- Bakers Half Sheet natural aluminum commercial bakeware is made of pure aluminum which will never rust for a lifetime of durability
- Baked goods rise and bake evenly due to aluminums superior heat conductivity and the reinforced encapsulated steel rim prevents warping
50. Silpat Mats
Oh, Silpat, let me count the ways I love thee. These sheets have saved me money and space in parchment paper. They’re easy to clean, and storage is simple enough: I keep one stored with each of my baking sheets. The cropped corners on the Silpat brand make lifting it from your baking sheet easy.
I use them for everything from baking breads to dipping chocolate and caramel. If you take care of them, they’ll be yours for years.
- Turn any pan into a non-stick surface and save time cleaning up
- Made of fiberglass mesh and the highest quality food grade silicone, which provides consistent heat distribution and promotes even baking
- Silpat is the original non-stick baking mat and has stood the test of time with use by the most demanding chefs in the world
51. Butter Bell
This is one of those products where you end up asking where it’s been your entire life. It’s a simple design that keeps your butter soft and accessible. It takes very little counter space and has made for good conversation on more than one occasion. If you’re chronically plagued by stiff, refrigerated butter, this is the solution. It also comes in a beautiful red or blue.
- BEAUTIFUL GLOSSY COLORS AND CHEF RECOMMENDED – The immensely popular Retro Café collection of Butter Bell crocks features the words “butter” and “beurre” (French for butter) in a delicate raised relief pattern on opposite sides of the base of the crock. Available in a variety of vibrant glazes to match your kitchen or tabletop décor. Conveniently sized for optimal butter freshness, the Butter Bell crock is easy to handle and fits neatly on your countertop.
- DURABLE HIGH-QUALITY CERAMICS ENSURE LONGEVITY – The Butter Bell crocks are made from a proprietary, high-grade ceramic mixture called New Bone China. This liquid clay mixture is poured into pre-cast plaster molds, then allowed to set for several hours. When dry, the butter containers are carefully removed from their molds, glazed, and fired at 2200 degrees to create a beautiful, scratch resistant finish. The crocks contain NO lead or cadmium and are backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
- THE ORIGINAL AND THE BEST FOR 25 YEARS – Modeled after the original French beurrier, the Butter Bell crock by L. Tremain keeps butter fresh and spreadable for weeks without refrigeration, spoilage or odors. The two-piece design features an inverted bell-shaped lid and crock base for serving butter at the table, while protecting and storing the butter after each use.
Wine and Spirits
Whether you’re new to wine and alcohol or a seasoned veteran, chances are there are still unexplored territories waiting for you. New combinations and flavor profiles come out every season. It’s exciting and at times, overwhelming.
You may have already been introduced to some of the products below, in which case, I hope you’ve taken the opportunity to try them out. The following items are essential to anyone who enjoys wine or mixed drinks at home.
52. Vacu Vin Wine Saver
After air enters an uncorked wine bottle, it’s only a matter of time before the wine spoils. Most people will throw a stopper in the bottle, hoping to finish before it goes to waste. That’s where this device comes into play. It produces a vacuum in the bottle, sucking out the air and extending the life of your already-opened wine.
It has great reviews. If you’re someone who often has wine left over from whatever you’ve been up to, check it out.
53 & 54. Vinturi Red & White Wine Aerators
A friend recommended this product to me. I was skeptical at first, but eventually decided to order it and test it out. It didn’t take more than a couple of taste tests to know that it’s legit and works. Since then I’ve recommended and converted others to this aerator.
It’s more convenient than a decanter will ever be, so don’t waste another minute drinking red wine without aerating it first.
This is similar to the red-wine aerator, but for white wines! Sure, white wines are naturally less bitter than the reds, but that doesn’t mean this is a useless tool. Just like with the red, this will enhance your white wine drinking experience.
|Vinturi Red Wine Aerator Includes Base Enhanced Flavors with Smoother Finish, Black||$27.97||Buy on Amazon|
|Vinturi Classic Essential Wine Aerator Pourer and Decanter Provides Enhanced Flavors with Smoother...||$34.93||Buy on Amazon|
55. Premium SST Cocktail Shaker
Even though you can make cocktails without a shaker, they never turn out the same. This shaker is a best seller for a reason. Not only is it well made, it comes with a double-sided jigger and a recipe e-book. It’s easy to clean and will last for years (as long as you don’t fling it across the room).
Now that you’ve made it all the way down here, I hope that you have found something, or at least gathered a few ideas, to gift the cook in your life. If you are the cook in your life, don’t forget to give yourself a gift or two now and again.
Not everything in the kitchen has to do with preparing food. Sometimes it’s about comfort and convenience, and that’s exactly what these bonus items are for.
56. Master Magnets Magnetic Hook
It’s time to throw away all those useless magnets on your fridge because here comes the boss! These magnets can hold up to 60 pounds each. That’s right: one magnet, 60 pounds. It’s stronger than my 9-year-old.
Four of these bad boys hang on the side of my fridge. I actually bought them because I wanted the swiveling hooks, so they’re a bit overkill for what I use them for—hanging my aprons. The plus side is that my aprons are now always where I want them.
- ROTATING MAGNET HOOK - This magnetic hook rotates a full 360 degrees. It also swings 180 degrees with the opening beginning at 0.560” and closing down at 0.350”. The rotating and swinging motions allow you to use this hook for a wide variety of items.
- HEAVY DUTY, 65 LB HOLD - Master Magnetics made the Magnetic Hook with the strongest magnetic material in the world. When in contact with a flat, smooth, ¼” thick ferrous plate, this magnet holds up to 65 pounds–so you can organize everything.
- STRONG, RARE EARTH MAGNET - This strong hook is made of Neodymium. This rare Earth magnet is the strongest magnetic material in the world. Use this powerful magnet to hang cables, tools, and anything else for an organized space.
57. UE Boom (Latest Version)
If you have yet to jump into the world of portable speakers, take the leap with this one. It hooks up to any bluetooth enabled mobile device to produce some of the best sound I’ve heard from a small speaker. I use mine constantly while cooking, the battery-life is amazing. Buy two and pair them for stereo sound.
Music is a constant in my home, and it adds to the cooking experience. So play your favorite tunes and knead your dough in time with the beat because the UE Boom has you covered. It’s water-resistant and easily moved from one area to the other.
- ULTIMATE SOUND: Super portable wireless Bluetooth speaker with 360° bold, immersive, crystal clear sound and up to 15 hours of battery on a single charge. It brings your music to life wherever you take it.
- POWERED FOR ADVENTURE: Rechargeable battery stays powered and pumping tunes for 15 hours on a single charge. Add the POWER UP charging dock (sold separately) to charge Ultimate Ears BOOM 3 wirelessly so it’s always ready to go on your next musical adventure.
- SUPER PORTABLE, WATERPROOF & VIRTUALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE: Ultimate Ears BOOM 3 is seriously waterproof and floats. BOOM 3 was born to get wet and is completely waterproof with a IP67 water and dustproof rating, which means it and can be totally submerged in water up to 1m for 30 minutes. No matter how wild things get, your music will always be on point.
58. Amco Odor Rub Away Bar
It’s a mystery why stainless steel odor remover bars aren’t more popular. While prepping your meals, odors cling to yoru fingers, sometimes lingering for hours. Some of the worst offenders are onions, garlic, chicken, and fish. Not even a hearty soap wash can remove some odors.
This rub away bar is a wizard in odor removal. Shaped like standard bar soap, when you rub this on your hands under warm or cold water (not hot), all those strange odors on your hands magically disappear! (It also wouldn’t hurt to cast the Evanesco vanishing spell.)
59. Anti-Fatigue Kitchen Mat
Standing hours on your feet on a hard tile floor can wreak havoc on your feet and mood. When you know you’re in it for the long haul, there’s no reason to suffer through until the end. This mat will help ease the pain, thus keeping Mr. Grumpy Pants out of the kitchen longer.
Enter To Win!
This giveaway has ended. Thanks to all those who participated!
It’s a giveaway! Woop woop! I feel incredibly lucky to have some amazing readers, friends, and family. As part of this list, I want to share my appreciation by giving you a chance to win one of the following three packages.
What You Can Win
- Epicurean Non-Slip Board
- Cuisipro Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons
- Whirley-Pop Popcorn Maker
- Lodge 10″ or 12″ skillet
- Wusthof Classic 3-1/2″ paring knife
- di Oro Spatulas
- Measuring Cups
- Silpat Baking Mat
This contest has ended. Contest administered using Gleam.io.
Please review the Terms & Conditions (link at bottom of entry form) before entering, and be aware of the following restrictions:
- There is only 1 winner. That person can pick any one of the package options as their prize.
- Must be 18+ years old to enter.
- You must have a valid home shipping address within the Continental United States. Entries whose addresses are in the U.S. territories, possessions, protectorates (other than Puerto Rico), commercial, or international will not be eligible to win.
- The contest ends on December 1, 2015. The winner will be notified and have 36 hours in which to respond and claim their prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API