Do you bring a PBJ to work everyday as lunch? If you’re not a fan of making meals every day, try some of these sandwich ideas to change up the Peanut Butter and Jelly routine.
1. Make a sandwhich melt. Oven broilers are great for making sandwhich melts, and this works for almost any type of sandwhich. Spread the desired dressings on your sandwhich bread (mayonnaise, salad dressing, italian dressing, etc.), and then place them on a cookie sheet. On one slice of bread, place your meats, and on the other slice of bread, place your cheese. Turn the oven on broil, place the cookie sheet on the center rack, and keep a close eye on your breads and cheese so they don’t burn. When the desired ‘toastiness’ has been reached, remove the sandwhich from the oven, put any other toppings on it, and enjoy! (This works in little toaster ovens in office break rooms too.)
2. Switch up the PBJ with a bagel sandwich. Bagels taste great with all toppings.
3. Eggs are quick to fry up. In the morning, pull out the frying pan, start frying the eggs (make sure yoke is not runny), just before the eggs are done, add cheese to the top to melt it. Fried egg sandwhiches also taste great with sandwhich meats.
4. Instead of a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, try a sandwhich made from the chicken of the sea: tuna fish. You can add almost anything to your tuna fish sandwhich mixture including pickles or relish, shredded cheese, celery, egg, or nuts. Combine this idea with idea number 1 and you could have a tuna melt.
5. If you work in an office, consider purchasing a $10 sandwhich maker to store by your desk. Sandwich makers are the king of quick and easy grilled cheese sandwhiches, egg sandwhiches, and more.
Do you have a sandwhich idea that isn’t listed? Please, leave it in the comments below.